Our COVID-19 Response
The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies as well as from local health departments.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure that we meet the latest state and federal guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to dining room and common area cleaning procedures. The specific steps we are taking include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge
Vast associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Sanitation Stations: We have multiple sanitation stations available through the restaurant for guest and associate use.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: Coury Hospitality’s teams are on standby 24/7 to support the restaurant and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
Cleaning Products and Protocols
Our restaurant uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Dining Rooms: Vast uses cleaning and sanitizing protocols to clean tables after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items and areas.
- Public Spaces: Vast has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the host stand, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even pens.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” Vast is increasing the frequency of cleaning with focus on high-touch areas.